~Honors Students Please Read~

Hello everyone and welcome to the 2018-2019 Honors Blog!

First, please go ahead and add your name to your blogger account profile so that we know who is who. Thank you.

The Honors council and I are so excited to start this school year off right, so let's just dive right into it.

In Honors, you are expected to post one new blog post each week based off of that coming Tuesday's class reading assignment. It will be due on Monday night before class and you can write about almost absolutely anything you want. You can write about how the reading made you feel, your ideas about where the book is going, themes you have picked up, literally almost anything you want. The one thing you are NOT allowed to post is a basic plot summary. If you post a plot summary, we will be able to tell that you did not do your assigned reading and you will lose credit for your blog post. Because we do not take tests in Honors, these blog posts are how myself, the council, and the professors make sure that you are being held accountable for the reading assignments. Not having to take tests in Honors is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT.  If halfway through the semester we can tell that people are using primarily SparkNotes for their blogs, this privilege will be taken away. So PLEASE, do not be that one person who doesn't do their reading and ruins the fun for the rest of us.

With that all out of the way, here are the blog post requirements.

1.  1-2 paragraphs based on whatever you feel like discussing. Again, this can be about anything you want except for a plot summary. They can be casual, as we often like to have a little fun with each other in our posts.  Don't worry, you are not expected to write a full page perfect essay every week, these are supposed to be fun after all.

2.  After writing your post, please write two comments on other people's blog post. The goal is to create a discussion that we can carry over into class the next day. When you have left your comments,  please then edit your post and leave a "P.S" saying whose posts you commented on.
 For example: P.S I commented on Will and Sophia's posts.

3. The blog posts are due at 11:59pm on Monday night before class and the comments are due by 9:29am on Tuesday. (Before the start of class)

I know that this all seems a little intimidating now, but I promise once you get into it, it is actually a lot of fun.  I for example always end my blog posts with a terrible "Pun of the Week" joke based off of the reading. (I apologize in advance if you hate puns). If you have any questions about any of this or just about Honors in general, please feel free to call or text me, Zelda Peach. My phone number is
251-656-7161. I never sleep, so don't worry about texting me too late with a problem, as I will most likely be up doing something else anyway. I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the semester and I will see you all in class!
- Zelda Peach

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts